Wednesday 23 November 2011

Ben Norris and his Missing Magician Friend


We caught up with the comedy/DJ extraordinaire who will be performing at the House of Fun Weekender this weekend! We hope he's found his missing magician by then...


How are you and where are you right now?


So begins another weary day…. I’m in the kitchen of my 1960’s London townhouse drinking tea and eating homemade toasted bread…with marmite (yum)


Will you be visiting the pool during your stay at the House of Fun, and what is your best swimming technique?


I like a swim, I favour breaststroke, the way I was taught the face goes in and out of the water, this does make you wonder which is worse for you, urine and skin cells or chlorine?


Do you like to be beside the seaside?


Yes, but if I’m honest I prefer the more remote beaches of Devon & Cornwall and their Welsh and Northern counterparts to some of the more overcrowded Chav-traps


Would you prefer a stick of rock or a nice ice cream?


Once you get over the novelty of something being written all the way through it a stick of rock is a disgusting confection. I wouldn’t force my worst enemy to eat one,..well actually I might, and it’d say “You Sir are a Cad” all the way through…..so, Ice Cream please.


What was the first Madness song you heard?


It was their first single “The Prince” on Two Tone, I bought it with my pocket money the week it was released…fantastic, still sounds brilliant today.


Who’s your favourite darts player?


I don’t know the names of any darts players except Eric Bristow to be honest. I have seen one guy who looked like the 1970’s wrestler “Giant Haystacks” …oh just been told by Google that his name is Andy Fordham, but after a stroke he lost 10 stone so now he looks like “Chubby Haystacks”


What will you be doing to make sure the House Of Fun is lots of fun when you’re on?


Just wondering if question 6 is from a different questionnaire?But seriously, I’m excited about doing comedy on a holiday camp after 18 years in the business; I think there will be a really good audience attracted to this event. I’m also really looking forward to DJing Sunday nights “Silent Disco”


Would you rather be an acrobat or a magician?


A friend of mine is a magician but he’s been missing for over 3 months, the police won’t take it seriously. I went to police and said “My friend the magician “The Great Omentum has disappeared” and they’re just like..whatever.


Are you a secret pool hustler?


Yes, and so far I’ve been pretending I can’t play pool for over 30 years


Tell us a joke


(See question 8)


Check out Ben's website here and watch his stuff below!!